The role of the Electrical Commissioning Technician is to execute the electrical pre-commissioning and/or commissioning activities, particularly for MCC’s, motors, UPS, generation, building systems (light, heat etc.) in the execution phase.
- Certified Electrician (Red Seal Interprovincial Electrician (Construction or Industrial) or NCCER Registration or state license) OR
- Electrical Engineering Technologist;
- Minimum 3-5 years related experience;
- Experience in the Oil & Gas and/or Mining industries preferred, and
- Commissioning experience considered an asset.
- Participate in HAZOP, JHA, FLRA;
- Using the appropriate Electrical lockout-tag out process;
- Participate in project Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT);
- Execute the on-site electrical commissioning activities as directed by the electrical coordinator, and
- Working effectively in a team environment to assure that the commissioning work integrates well in the overall project.
- Participate in training, competency program and performance management;
- Perform other duties as required;
- Excellent analytical and trouble-shooting skills;
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task;
- Ability to work in a team environment and quickly understand the roles of the interfacing teams.;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Computer skills are a requirement for this position, and
- Sets example and promotes a safe and healthy work environment.
- Ability to use a computer for accessing and sending e-mail, opening and revising documents, accessing internet and ability to use Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Must possess the ability to read blueprints, policies, and procedures
- Must have strong written and verbal English communication skills.
*Opportunities are available in Alberta and British Columbia, with limited travel options provided.