OTS is a premiere provider of commissioning and start-up services for the energy, mining and utilities sectors operating on some of the largest projects across North America. Working with OTS means working alongside a team of best in class professionals with a passion for safety and success. We are actively seeking motivated individuals looking to take their skills to the next level. Our success is your success, when we work together towards a safe and rewarding future.
We are currently seeking applications for future potential opportunities as a PLC Technician. Some duties include:
- Review upcoming work activities for the proper test equipment, personnel, safety measures, vendor support, and documentation requirement with the Team Leads;
- Capable of interpreting written word controls philosophy to controls platform programming code;
- Capable of initial startup and program load for control system;
- Capable of leading and documenting point to point testing of control system I/O from end device through PCL/DCS and HMI;
- Capable of troubleshooting and making recommendations on SCADA and HMI addressing issues;
- Capable of making, tracking and restoring temporary modifications to control system programs to enable completion of commissioning;
- Capable of performing SAT of control system functionality wrt to the Operating Philosophy Document and SAT documentation.
- Create RFI and other engineering interface documents;
- Support SCADA testing to Operations Control Center and other contractual stakeholders;
- Work with company departments responsible for control system back-up management to ensure it is working and accurate before turnover to operations;
- For Flow Measurement applications, have an knowledge of the flow calculation methods required to be carried out in the control system software;
When applying please clearly outline in your resume how you meet the above qualifications;
*Opportunities are available in Alberta and British Columbia, with limited travel options provided.
Please keep in mind these are not current opportunities, we are simply gathering applications for potential future position(s) that may arise.