Active Controllers/Field Operators will work both individually and as part of a team to oversee site safety and assist with pigging operations along the company’s Grand Rapids Pipeline. Active Controllers will be based out of either Fort McMurray or Fort Saskatchewan or another location that is close to the pipeline. Reporting to the regional manager, this role will coordinate and communicate with both the Oil Control Centre and the 3rd Party Pigging Contractor to help safely facilitate pigging operations along the pipeline.
Duration: Approximately 1 year
Schedule: 8 days on, 6 days off
- Operate and position valves as needed to support pigging operations and the Oil Control Centre
- Issue work permits as needed
- Lead Job Safety Analyses (JSAs), pre-job meetings, and tailgate meetings
- Communicate schedules to 3rd Party Contractors
- Communicate with the Oil Control Centre to coordinate pig receiving, launching, and valve positioning
- May assist with other activities as needed such as snow removal at the pump stations using skid steer.
- Highly motivated with good interpersonal skills to effectively work in a team environment that includes shared responsibilities in support of team and company objectives while acting independently in the execution of specific duties;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others;
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills;
- Proven planning and organization skills;
- Strong understanding of and adherence to safety
- Prior experience supervising or leading crews would be an asset
- Prior experience with pigging operations or oilfield service/maintenance would be an asset
- Mechanical aptitude would be an asset
Required Training and Qualifications:
- First Aid
- H2S Alive
- Power Engineering Certificate or Red Seal Journeyman Millwright (an asset)
These are safety-sensitive positions that require a drug and alcohol screen and extensive training requirements.
Find your fit at WWW.OTSL.CA/CAREERS