OTS is a premiere provider of commissioning and start-up services for the energy, mining and utilities sectors. Joining our team means joining a group of best in class professionals to get the job done right. We provide you with the oppourtunity to work along side individuals with expertise in a highly niche market coupled with our paramount consciousness for safety. Our success is your success when we are devoted to common goals and maintaining a safety conscious attitude at all times.
We are currently seeking applications for the following position:
Instrumentation and Controls Commissioning Journeyman
** Ideal candidate is to be multiskilled to commissioning new UPS system and tested, flow computers (ready for accreditation), analyzers fully commissioned, RTU program loaded and tested (ready for point to point), telecom installed and configured (ready for SCADA point to point) etc
- Red Seal Interprovincial Instrumentation.
- Minimum 8-10 years related experience.
- Minimum 5 years in a lead position.
- Experience in the Oil & Gas and/or Mining industries required.
- Commissioning experience required.
- Participate in HAZOP, JHA, FLRA.
- Multiskilled to commission new UPS system and tested, flow computers (ready for accreditation), analyzers fully commissioned, RTU program loaded and tested (ready for point to point), telecom configured (ready for SCADA point to point)
- Participate in project Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT)
- Experience with IS Powered YZ Sampler, UPS Upgraded, Sampling system upgraded, Daniel or ABB Gas Chromatograph, ABB 6200 series flow computers, RTU (Weidmuller UR20 or Controlwave Micro), Envent 330S H2S Analyzer and H2S2 card replacement to H2S Interface would be considered an asset.
- Working effectively in a team environment to assure that the commissioning work integrates well in the overall project
- Possess knowledge of all equipment installed on-site, and the ability to locate and understand equipment manuals.
- Be proficient in calibrating smart devices and electrical systems.
- Be able to support commissioning of PLC data points.
- Excellent analytical and trouble-shooting skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work in a team environment and quickly understand the roles of the interfacing teams.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Computer skills are a requirement for this position.
- WHMIS 2015
- Defensive Driving
- H2S Alive
- Health Safety and Environmental System Training (annually)
- Quality Management System Training (annually)
- First Aid Level C
- Other site specific safety certifications