OTS is a premiere provider of commissioning and start-up services for the energy, mining and utilities sectors. Joining our team means joining a group of best in class professionals to get the job done right. We provide you with the oppourtunity to work along side individuals with expertise in a highly niche market coupled with our paramount consciousness for safety. Our success is your success when we are devoted to common goals and maintaining a safety conscious attitude at all times.
We are currently seeking applications for the following position:
US Construction Manager
- Diploma or degree in Engineering; Engineering Technology; Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Minimum of 7-10 years related experience, 5 of which must be in a managerial role in construction.
- Minimum of 7-10 years Solar Energy experience.
- Proven leadership and management experience.
- Excellent knowledge of on-site construction management during construction /pre-commissioning.
- Advanced knowledge of document management systems.
- Must be legally entitled to work in the United States.
- Acting as the interface between the client and EPC Contractor.
- Establish project schedules including man power, equipment and coordination with site
- Organize field crews and work directly with corporate management to plan and execute onsite deliverables
- Develops and updates project schedule for both preconstruction and construction activities.
- Manage materials, labor and procurement logs to ensure appropriate resources are available to meet the project schedule.
- Identify potential schedule impacts including scope, weather, manpower and changes, and facilitates mitigation plans for these impacts.
- Ensure all work is carried out safely and efficiently
- Establish and maintain communication with the required client representatives throughout project lifespan
- Participate in required project and management meetings
- Monitor and report on site progress with site coordinators and client
- Handle accountability for site personnel management, including submitting time sheets and disciplinary actions as required
- Interface with Operations Team in commissioning, start-up and final turnover of the facility.
- Work closely with the project planners and schedulers.
- Coordinate any vendor activities for pre-commissioning.
- Provide leadership in health, safety and environmental (HSE) issues on site and maintain overall responsibility for ensuring that the team complies with the HSE Plan.
- Ensure hazard/risk analysis is performed before start of activities.
- Participate in Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) as required.
- Coordinate start-up activities with project management, engineering, construction, HSE, contractors, facility operations, and start-up personnel.
Key Competencies & Skills:
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.
- Strong computer skills are a requirement for this position.
Required Safety Training:
- Due Diligence
- Safety Orientation (annually)
- Other site specific safety certifications