OTS is a premiere provider of commissioning and start-up services for the energy, mining and utilities sectors. Joining our team means joining a group of best in class professionals to get the job done right. We provide you with the oppourtunity to work along side individuals with expertise in a highly niche market coupled with our paramount consciousness for safety. Our success is your success when we are devoted to common goals and maintaining a safety conscious attitude at all times.
We are currently seeking applications for the following position:
Commissioning and Start up Manager; reporting to the Director of Technical Operations.
- Diploma or degree in Engineering; Engineering Technology; or Red Seal Journeyman.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- A strong working knowledge of the Pre-Start-up Safety review (PSSR) process and/or project turnover process in a commissioning capacity.
- Minimum of 10 years related experience, 5 of which must be in a lead commissioning role.
- Proven leadership and management experience.
- Excellent knowledge of on-site construction management during commissioning.
- Advanced knowledge of document management systems.
- Experience with planning or completions management software such as Omega or PathMaker.
- Preparation of project documentation including pre-commissioning and commissioning procedures.
- Preparation of the project commissioning and start-up plan including detailed activities and start-up logic.
- Work with engineers in early design phases to align handover and commissioning activities.
- Participate in workshops on design aspects that may assist in pre-commissioning, commissioning and start-up activities.
- Provide leadership and management to the commissioning team in execution of all activities, with emphasis on continuous improvement.
- Assist with the development and management of commissioning and start-up budget, including forecast for future staffing requirements.
- Responsible for managing site materials and logistics.
- Coordinate and manage contractor and subcontractor activities associated with pre-commissioning and commissioning.
- Interface with Operations Team in commissioning, start-up and final turnover of the facility.
- Work closely with the project planners and schedulers.
- Assist in Operational Readiness Plan and Project Execution Plan development.
- Coordinate vendor activities for commissioning.
- Provide leadership in health, safety and environmental (HSE) issues on site and maintain overall responsibility for ensuring that the team complies with the HSE Plan.
- Ensure hazard/risk analysis is performed before start of activities.
- Participate in Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) as required.
- Coordinate start-up activities with project management, engineering, construction, HSE, contractors, facility operations, and start-up personnel.
- Establish progress reporting systems for all phases of the commissioning and start-up of the facility.
- Ensure the commissioning plan is in compliance with the appropriate external regulatory bodies and OTS systems.
- Liaise with construction management, the client and OTS corporate office to ensure efficient and value-added service.
Key Competencies & Skills:
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.
- Strong computer skills are a requirement for this position.
Required Safety Training:
- Due Diligence
- Safety Orientation (annually)
- Hazard Recognition
- Workplace Inspections
- Other site specific safety certifications
Job Post Information* : Posted Date
8 months ago(8 months ago)
OTS is a premiere provider of commissioning and start-up services for the energy, mining and utilities sectors operating on some of the largest projects across North America. Working with OTS means working alongside a team of best in class professionals with a passion for safety and success. We are actively seeking motivated individuals looking to take their skills to the next level. Our success is your success, when we work together towards a safe and rewarding future.
We are currently seeking applications for future potential opportunities in the following disciplines:
- Journeyperson Millwrights
- Journeyperson Piping Technicians
- Journeyperson Electricians (Medium and High Voltage an asset)
- Journeyperson Instrumentation Technicians
The Ideal candidate(s) will have:
- Minimum 3 year’s experience in their discipline;
- Pipeline Experience;
- Commissioning Experience;
Please clearly outline the above in your application.
*Opportunities may be available in Alberta and British Columbia, with very limited travel options provided. These are not current opportunities; we are recruiting for potential future position(s) that may arise.